Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stars shining bright above you (part I)

...turns out I've also been having odd dreams lately. Apparently my brain is doing some wild processing of something or other (could it be the imminent arrival of a little Bowen...?!). These dreams, though, have been slightly skewed takes on fairly inane things.

SO, for instance:
1) last night, dreamt that gas shot up this morning to $1.40/litre. In reality, it just dipped below the dollar mark again. hmn.
2) last week I dreamed that Jen got a new credit card in the mail, and that I cut in half without asking her first.

...? both money dreams, I guess, which perhaps I'm stressed about, what with tax season and all... oh and *loathing* my day-job.

[
ADDENDUM:

The issue with the day-job, I'd like to clarify, is that it's boring as hell and it feels like a complete waste of my time and talent... it earns me money, and that's about it.

So why not leave, you ask? Well... I decided, when I started hating it about a month into it, that I wouldn't leave it for another job I'd likely end up hating, but that I'd wait to leave until I had something lined up that I might actually *enjoy* doing.

I have jumped from job to job at least twice because of hating what I was doing, and when my only motivation for leaving is to do something different, it's a bad scene. I need to figure out what I want TO do, and then go and do it. I mention this periodically to my wife, and she reminds me that what I actually want to do is music. Of course the issue with that is that I cannot currently make enough money doing so for it to support us.

Please, if you have any (helpful) ideas or leads, do let me know...
]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home