Friday, February 03, 2006

Not Miami

Ah Vice.

Turns out I have these habits that I suppose are becoming addictions: coffee is a big one - I honestly drink about 1.5 L per day, which I always get astonished reactions about... frankly though, if it thins my blood, I figure that counteracts all the crap I eat, so I'm good. It also makes me work fast. And I'm not dead yet.

But a couple nights ago we went to this homechurch thing at a house near ours, and they ran out of coffee so I decided to make some more, and I actually found real stuff (not crappy what's-the-point decaf), which was not supposed to exist there... so I set up a little pot and pressed "On" and nothing happened. There was a conversation happening around me, and I found it very difficult to concentrate as I wrestled with the little coffee pot that wouldn't. Jen gave me very odd looks and then told me that's what addiction looked like. Or withdrawal, I guess.

The other, it turns out, might just be alcohol. I was driving home last night after finding the most amazing pair of $15 leather shoes at Value Village (which was a boon - needed new ones badly and was resisting biting the bullet to spend $150 - $200 on brand new size 13s), and I decided to see if I could drive by the liquor store without buying anything. I went past Charlton, which is the street it's on, and then quickly changed my mind, took the next left, and doubled back. If I start drinking, I usually have at least three if not five in one sitting. I tell myself this is reasonable and that I'm okay and that I deserve to kick back after dealing with all manner of people in such a shit day-job, but this perhaps is just me excusing my behaviour, which I hear is a bad stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home