Friday, November 18, 2005

in anticipation of green

Got sick. fevery and achy and hot and cold and ugh. did get to stay @ home with cats for two days, which was nice in itself, I guess... anyhow, now that the worst stage has passed I am expecting this tickle in my throat to turn shortly into an all-out hackfest, which is what happened to Jen... just hoping it does so *before* my gig @ the freeway.

also got all the extra demo packages in the mail to the places I missed last Saturday when I was in hustling gigs... so once I follow up the idea is that we'll start playing a bunch around TO and maybe actually start making some money doing so.

in fact, all in all, had a fairly productive sickness, if there is such a thing: also finally finished my review of Gregg Brennan's CD Bird on Triangle... afraid I wasn't as effusive as usual - had a hard time with this disc and particularly with a couple of players on it... so. I think the review's fair, but it's not gentle. Anyway, had to get it done because Richard Whiteman has sent me one to review, as has Andrew Barker (though his will hopefully get published somewhere like the National Post or something - he's got connections...!).

No practicing, but even managed to lift and arrange Radiohead's Nice Dream (from The Bends), which I think should sound great, though it is yet another tune in 6/8 or 3/4...lots of prettymelodic stuff juxtaposed by a jarring chordally dirty section 2/3 of the way through. I'd post a chart for your enjoyment, but I don't think I can put pdfs up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home