Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Swiftly Tilting Planet

So...

It's been rainy and grey for days, which I love, and all of a sudden today it heats up and the sun breaks through, and it gets boring again.

The drizzle gave me time to reflect, though:

New plan in hand, I'm preparing to apply for a FACTOR grant:
get grant ($20K+), get PT job in a bakery or a bookshop or something (20 hrs/wk maybe), keep teaching (currently have about 15 students), and add to teaching base, and go whole hog after this music thing. Turns out being a musician is *hard work*. So self-driven and tmime-consuming; so much more is needed than just the ability to play. You really have to make things happen.

So. That's that that for now. Also going to get my ass in gear and try to get my BMus through Thompson Rivers U (via Humber College), though this involves tons of process and paperwork and waiting. argh. Unsure what the degree will do, other'n make me more credible on paper. But then, in some ways, that may be worth it.

Downbeat is even considering me for a freelance reviewing /writing position, which I cannot quite believe. But there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home