Friday, September 22, 2006

...adding a little Something Something

SO... after a summer hiatus from playing, due to schedule conflicts and other jazzy stuff, the Ben Bowen Project - or "BBP" as the kids like to call us - is coming (with a vengeance) to a club near you to begin playing again very soon. We will feature a whole whack of new music I've been writing (including stuff I actually had to lift after having recorded it... my writing process really got turned on its ear), as well as sporting a new guitarist, the world-weary touring troubadour, Paul McDougall, most famous for his work with the Afrobeat band, Mr. Something Something (who have at long last returned from months on the road, killing it on New England college radio, with a truckful of groupies whom they promptly dumped off at Toronto harbour to catch the ferry back).

I'm very excited. This was the original incarnation of the band (at least in my imagination) way back when all this music was still just lines and dots on various bits of oddly-sized paper, and now it will finally come to life, my own jazzpop Frakenstein. It Lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home